Wednesday, September 2, 2009


Surfs tiny here in Cali still, still bloody hot too. I reckon summer is getting later all over the world, seasons are changing , storms are bigger, global warming, not a good thing at all.... But there's a hurricane off Mexico right now that might push a little pulse into the California vicinity , hope so cause you can only be so amped for 1 ft surf for a little bit....

Kinda funny story, not really though but anyway, early on in the year, I did a shoot for Oakley, eyewear/apparel shoot down in Melbourne for Oakley South Pacific for their Sunglass Hut campaign, shoot went fine, well I think they were happy with it. So I'm in Oz just a little while back,about a month ago, I land in Sydney and transfer to the domestic, get through security and hit the escalator down to the shop and gate area when I check this Sunglass Hut with my ad in the front window and next to it on another wall, a full ground to ceiling shot again. Firstly, was not expecting that at all and then I started to feel a little embarrassed cause you're looking at yourself on the wall. Not that any one noticed me to the campaign when I walked past but it was a pretty cool surprise. I've added a photo from one of the Sunglass Huts with it in it, (NO, i did not take it myself, Oakley Oz sent it through to me).

Well enough stories. Hoping the swell goes up, temperatures goes down and I keep having fun... Keep rockin where ever you are, make every moment count and appreciate what you got!

Peace out

Davey

No comments:

Post a Comment