Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lower Trestles

So it's hit the 3 week mark now that I've been in the States... The waves have finally improved, that 10 day flat spell was pretty brutal but it's been pretty fun now for the last few days. Been kinda busy here too with connecting with friends living over here now, there's a pretty big South African crew in the Laguna area especially, been great to see them again! Did the craziest photo shoot the other day for Oakley, can't pass out too much info about it cause it's for next year's campaign but let's just say I broke a lot of stuff!!! Really fun..

The event started today, stoked on my first round heat win, cause it's the old format, I move straight into round 3 so I by pass the dirty turd round. We had waves for the event today but it wasn't what to expect to get at trestles, not the ideal swell direction for Lowers, but like I said earlier, at least there's waves and there were a few good one's to be had.

Just had my birthday here too, had a pretty cool day, spent the morning at the MOzambique restaurant, eating boerewors for brekkie , watching the Springboks win the Tri Nations, surfed Lowers in the arvo, pretty fun all in all , just obviously missed not being with my family with me here, see them in just over a week's time in France which is going to be amazing after being away from them for so long...

Anyways, off to a ASP meeting now, keep it real where ever you are, be happy, have fun, watch what you do and be yourself!

Late

Davey

No comments:

Post a Comment