Friday, September 25, 2009

Hossegor, France

Hey All,

So I'm here in Hossegor, France, there summer time has just finished it's not too busy and way more quiet than a month ago. Weather is still really warm, water is good, thought it'd be a lot colder than it is and they've already finished 2 rounds of the Quiky Pro France. Kieren Perrow got the better of me in our round 2 match up yesterday, so it's a few days off now for me until my next event starts in Mundaka, Spain. Arrived here on Monday from the States, been super jet lagged the last few days, was up at 2 am yesterday morning wishing I'd taken some sleeping tabs the night before. The route from USA to Europe is pretty heavy on the body with a 9 hr time difference from California. But I'm seem to be doing a lot better today, just need to try avoid those arvo naps ( so easy to have them here) so I sleep all the way through...

I finally got to see my family again, after way too long, so good to see them!!! And to have them join me here in Hossegor is really rad too cause it's such a classic town with a lot of really cool things to do and see in and around Hossegor and Biarritz. Plus, a lot of the other surfers have their families and kids here too and at the same hotel so it's pretty good seeing all the kids run around and swimming in the pool, like I said, an awesome spot for the families!

Another bit of news, is that we're expecting an addition to the family around the 24th March next year which my wife and I are super excited about. She's only around 14 weeks now so it's too early to tell the sex yet, but really keen to find out what it'll be... I'm sure two will be a lot harder than one but we're up for it!

Surf and swell don't look too promising here for the next few days, but hopefully this means we get some really good waves for Mundaka cause when that place is on, it's ON!!!!

Thought I'd post the shoe I got to design at the last event I was at, the Hurley Pro, one of the perks we got was to design our own personal shoe, how ever we wanted it, be it a basketball shoe, running, just plain sneaker etc , pretty hard to choose actually when you have som many options available, but this is my end product!!!!

WIll post up again sooner than later...

Cheers

Davey

1 comment:

  1. Davey ... man, what can I say. YOU RIP and it just seems that Karma has not been your friend in the last few heats/events. No matter the time difference I have been GLUED to the live feeds supporting yourself, Greg and Jordy. Think most of the SA surfing community have been doing the same so HANG IN THERE brother!

    Congrats on the news about the new addition to the family. I have two laaities now and man it was all sweat and nerves going in for the scan to find out the sex.

    I'm looking forward to the Rip Curl Search event - I live up the road from Supertubos and can't wait to see you guys shred the place apart. When it works it's a freaking sick wave.

    Some of my photos of the place:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/haydenp/sets/72157611316414295/

    Take car and best of luck in Mundaka.

    Cheers,

    HP

    ReplyDelete