Saturday, August 29, 2009

Californication...


So it's Saturday arvo, I'm here in California now and it's hot. Summer is still in full effect here! Had some really fun waves at Lowers yesterday with my saffa friends, Barry Wolins and Damien 'Dooma' Fahrenfort. I swear that wave is possibly the most rippable wave in the world. It was such a treat to surf good waves on my first day in Cali, just fun 3 - 4 ft smackable lips, water was really warm, crowd was fairly thin and the sun was out. All in all, a good day at the beach....

Spent 3 days before in the state of North Carolina with the Wolins family, they just recently relocated there from South Africa and it was really rad to see them nice and settled into their new home and enviroment. Tell you what, where I went to was a whole lot different to what I expected in a good way. Really beautiful spot, good people and great break from where I usually go to.

So I'm here now in Cali, be here until the 20th Sep. Out for the Hurley Pro at Lower Trestles. Have about 2 weeks now until it starts so a good amount of time to try boards out and get used to the waves here. I must admit, I always enjoy coming out to the States, have a bunch of really good friends here, always have a good time and do sometimes get good waves.

If anything interesting happens in the next few days, will post it. Otherwise, all good in the hood here, looking forward to getting a few more lips and ramps out at lowers before most of the crew get here for the event, keep it real....

Davey

No comments:

Post a Comment