Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No boards... AGAIN!!!!!

So I made it to Tahiti safely, was a marathon of a trip though, got to love layovers but arrived safe and sound. But once again, No Boards. Apparently they never even left Johannesburg when I flew out. I reckon it means nothing if your bags have platinum frequent flyer cards on them or even those priority stickers they put with your boarding tags on. It just gets a bit irritating when you go to an event earlier to put in some time there and you don't have your boards to surf.... awesome!!!!!! Thanks SAA!!! Thankfully, Ben Dun has hooked me up with one of his 6'4 so at least I can get in the water. The other thing is my boards are only getting here Friday, and I arrived in Tahiti last Sunday!!!

Anyways, we here now at Papa Teva's spot, you rent yourself a bed in there house and they feed you three meals a day, kinda like a boarding house on the water. A great family, but they battle to speak the best English so it can be pretty damn funny at times trying to ask them questions or explains things to them. The Trials for the Billabong Pro started today, surf is in like the 6ft range, so I've been told, have not made it out to Chopes this morning as we've been trying to get the boat started that we use for our runs to the lineup. But the wind is up already so I'd say be a pretty difficult time out at the famous Teahupoo right now.

They say there could be waves for the start of the waiting period but we'll just have to wait and see, they predicting 6-8 ft but the wind could be an issue.

If anything interesting happens, will bog it so until my next post....

Davey

2 comments:

  1. All the best Davey ... will be rooting for you and the other saffa's ... bring on the BILLABONG PRO, TAHITI

    Good luck man,

    HP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot bud, getting a few fun ones here already...

    Davey

    ReplyDelete