Friday, May 15, 2009

Chopes Sequence by Sean Rowland

Sean Rowland from Surfline sent me through this sequence from my round 1 heat at Teahupoo. 
Just got clipped as I was coming out of this one, probably would have changed the heat result had I have stayed on my board. That's the problem with the new format ASP and certain event sponsors have come up with, no more second chances. Not too many surfers are happy with this new format, either all the 45 should start from the same round, no preferential seeding for the top 16 but have the straight knock out from rnd 1 or go back to the old format, 3 man first round heat but use the kelly format with it. There are ways around it.... My opinion, this new format is not the way to go, it's been tried and tested and it sucked so hopefully companies see this and listen to the surfers and make some better changes....






No comments:

Post a Comment