Sunday, May 31, 2009

Been Busy...

So I've been home for about 2 weeks now since my Tahiti trip. Obviously wasn't too stoked on my last result there, 33rd is never a result you want to get in a World Tour event but it happened and I've got my homework cut out for my next attempt at Chopes...

So in the last two weeks, I first followed a swell down to Jbay, and got some really good Jbay walls, around the 4-5 ft mark, maybe a few bigger sets but just really rippable and fun sized Jeffries. Was great to be back there, actually now that I think of it, was the first time I'd surfed it in 2 years, crazy to think cause I only live about and an hour's flight away. That wave really is amazing, easily one of the best right handers in the world...
Hopefully there are a few more swells in the next month there so I can make another trip or two down there. 
After that , was home for a few days then jetted down to Greg Emslie's hometown of East London for a Zigzag trip with Emmo, Frankie Oberholzer, Royden Bryson and Devyn Mattheys.
Soul mission was to score that ledge the boys down there have been hitting for the past year.
I was only able to make it there for 3 days of surfing, but we really did score some pretty damn fine waves. We got the ledge, scored some great right point and a  fun beachie. We did about 17 hrs of surfing in the 3 days, was pretty fun to do that much surfing again, felt like I was 14 year old surf rat again.
Back home now, New Pier has been firing for the past 2 days, looking like a few more waves the next few days, should be fun. The WPS have a vote up and running for the WPS / Hurley showdown on during the US Open of surfing in USA. It's open to the public to vote who they want in , so go to www.worldprosurfers.com and cast your vote, for me of course...
Catch up again in the next week or so... Adios
Davey

No comments:

Post a Comment