Saturday, November 6, 2010

RIP A.I.

Wow, what a hectic week with the passing of A.I. , we truely have lost an amazing ambassador for the sport, a friend, a father and husband. He was a great inspiration to many and I'm sure will still inspire many more to come. My thoughts and prayers to go out to Lindie and their expected son, Bruce, his family and close friends. It really has been incredible to see so much support through all the different media outlets for Andy and he deserved it. Rest in Peace Andy, you will be missed buddy!

Then I also got to take my hat off to Kelly Slater who just a few minutes ago, secured his 10th World title along with like his 100th or so World Tour event win, incredible, that's all I can say! A true competitor, a freak of nature and a ten time world champ!!!

As for me, I'm back in SA, been home for about a week now, had a super fun time in the States, got to hang with the Saffa boys there, scored a couple fun waves after the event, went down to southern Cali and had a couple sessions with Dooma and Jordy. But I'm back now, booked in for my hip operation on tuesday, kinda getting nervous for it now but it needs to be done, would like to still surf when I'm 40!

Hopefully I can score a few fun waves before tuesday arvo cause it looks like I'll be sidelined for a few weeks. So until then next post, stay true!

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment