Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wow, it's been a while since my last post, sorry , my bad. A lot has happened since the Azores QS event, went onto to surf 3 more events in Europe where the surf was pretty much terrible the whole time bar a day or two. That was the worst trip I've ever been on in my career for surf, 6 weeks of way below average waves, but any ways, that's in the past. Did a trip with my two best mates to Namibia shortly after I arrived back home, it was actually my 30th birthday present from the boys, scored some really sick waves, opened my eyes to what is on our doorstep here at home. Then did a clinic with Oakley and One Sight up in the township of Mamelodi, helping the unfortunate get prescription eyewear and diagnosing eye problems. It was an amazing experience, a serious eye opener for me! These guys are doing a crazy good job helping all these people , giving their time and effort for no reward except to see the smile on their faces. Double thumbs up!

Had to move house too, hate that, what a stress but got through it and now just getting ready for my last trip of the year. Off to the States for the Oneill Coldwater Classic in Santa Cruz. It's going to be my last trip cause 1. I just announced my retirement from international competition and 2. I have to have a hip operation when i get back, probably be out the water for 6 - 12 weeks.
it's something that if i don't get it fixed now, i'll have big problems later in life. I also want to get the op done soon so that when the waves start firing again in SA, i'll be ready for it!

So that's pretty much a summary of what's happened in the last 2 months. Will post of some pics from the Oakley One Sight Clinic,

Later

Davey

1 comment:

  1. Bummed to hear about your tour retirement and the hip op, but good luck for your further endeavours. Hope you are not retiring the blog!

    ReplyDelete