Sunday, January 17, 2010





Had a really cool weekend now, surfed in a fundraiser event for Kelly Johns in Ballito on Saturday. They had a really good turnout for the event, great vibe , fun waves and all in all a great success. I believe a nice amount of money was raised along with the indoor soccer event running alongside the surf event to help relieve the medical expenses the Johns family are having to pay for their daughter.
Had a great family day on Sunday, I'm off to Brazil in less than a week so it's good to have some quality time before the madness begins.
Picking up 4 new boards this week off Bilt, 3 new short boards and one old school styled single fin for those cranking days at New Pier and the coast. Actually reckon I'd love to take that board down to Jbay on a swell and test drive it there, it could actually go amazingly...sounds exciting!!!
So it's basically just a case of getting all my ducks in a row now before I leave, loving my new boards off Elton Fursman right now, the new adjustments to my dimensions feel great and has made me more excited for the year. There's actually nothing better for a surfer than getting a great board, just helps everything, your confidence, better surfs, better high. Just makes life a little more happier...
I've attached some pics from the O Camp shot by Kolesky/Sandisk
Will catch up soon, I'm also now on twitter for anyone wanting to follow, davey_weare
See ya
Davey

No comments:

Post a Comment