Saturday, November 7, 2009

I know it's been a while since my last post, a bit has happened. Did a 2 week stint in Portugal for the final leg of our European invasion on the World Tour. Supertubes came to life and there were some serious waves on hand. But I'm back home now, feels really good to be back with the family in my own bed after 2 and a half months on the road. But that's part of the job! I've got about 3 weeks until I head off to the island of Oahu, Hawaii for the final event of the World Tour at the Banzai Pipeline! Probably the most prestigious of all events on tour, the one that everyone wants to win!

So it's all about getting the right training in now before I jet off, get the lungs ready for some possible beat downs, get the confidence up to push myself just that much more, it's an El Nino year so there could be some serious swells for this season. They've actually already had some serious waves hit the North Shore this winter and November has only just started!

If anything interesting happens while I'm home, will post it on the blog. Hopefully I can get some waves while I'm home cause I've actually had no waves at all this year. Missed all the swells that have hit Durban and when I've been on the road for events, we've pretty much had bad waves all year round too. So if you know of any good waves around, let me know!

Peace out

Davey

No comments:

Post a Comment